Monday, May 4, 2009

Moto of the day


I've been remiss in my posting, so two posts in one for today. Here's a typical Cambodian moto-taxi driver calling you and asking "hello sir, moto?"

Actually, I'm lying. This is me pretending to be a moto-taxi guy. There are several flaws with my performance:
  • First, and most importantly, I'm wearing running shoes. Not only does the concept of running not exist in Cambodia (it's just too hot...), but the shoes don't either. A true "moto-dup" would be wearing old flip-flops.
  • I have stuff in my basket. No moto driver would ever actually use his basket (and most don't even have one)
  • I'm driving a CREDIT company moto.
  • I have one hand on the handlebars. I should be in a much lazier-looking position, and shouldn't look so ready to go anywhere
  • Just noticed this, but the 2nd-from-the-top button is buttoned! Fatal flaw. That and possibly one more button should be open, exposing my brown Cambodian chest
other than that, I think I did a decent job, especially with the single finger in the air, which instantly communicates "hey you foreigner, get on my moto so I can try to charge you more than the ride is worth!"

Well, they're not all out to rip us off (that much anyways), but the finger in the air is crucial to a moto-taxi driver's success.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like your helmet needs to be a little lower too. I can almost see your face.

    ReplyDelete